Devtraco Builders, a subsidiary of Devtraco Limited is searching for a highly capable Project Accountant to provide its project team with accounting support for immediate employment.
The role reports directly to the Project Director orother designated Officer(s)/Managers
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY: the successfully candidate will be required to manage all project bills and invoices, review budgets and prepare financial reports inter alia.
RESPONSIBILITIES – your duties will include the following
- Manage all accounting-related functions for assigned projects.
- Assist project teams with any questions or needs related to accounting.
- Review budgets, including staffing, work plans, and fee structures.
- Provide managers and clients with timely financial reports, budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare and submit corporate tax and monthly statutory payments (WHT, VAT, PAYE, SSNIT) and ensure compliance with all tax legislation; ▪ Prepare pre-billing reports for project managers to review.
- Monitor and follow up on receivable balances
- Issue invoices, purchase orders and pay consultants, subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers.
- Ensure a steady cash flow by generating, auditing, and sending invoices in a timely manner.
- Update contracts according to stakeholders’ requirements and report associated budget amendments.
- Generate reports including Payroll processing, Contract Status, and Job Cost.
- Perform monthly internal management reporting, analyzing variances, and recommend corrective actions as appropriate;
- Manage general administrative duties associated with the role/department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or similar field.
- Part professional accounting qualification (CA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent) is a plus.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Project Accountant in the construction industry preferred.
- Knowledge or hands on experience with electronic accounting systems is a plus
COMPETENCIES OR SKILLS
- Able to work independently and in a team.
- Proficient in data entry, accounts payable, accounts receivable and vendor payments.
- Effective and efficient communication skills, display of initiative, and dependable ▪ Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite – excel, power point, word, Project & outlook ▪ Must have good knowledge in IFRSs.
- Good knowledge in Accounting System
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: WEDNESDAY, 3RD FEBRUARY, 2021.
CONDITIONS: Only qualified candidates should apply.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
HOW TO APPLY: Email CV, Application Letter & All Relevant Documents plus Two References:
PLEASE NOTE: Indicate “PROJECT ACCOUNTANT” as subject of email.